|0745 - 0830
|0830 - 0840
by Mr Ngiam Shih Chun, Chief Executive, Energy Market Authority (EMA), Singapore
by Mr Richard Lim, Chairman, Energy Market Authority (EMA), Singapore
|0840 - 0850
||Presentation on Impact of COVID-19 on Energy Systems
by Mr Keisuke Sadamori, Director, Energy Markets and Security, International Energy Agency (IEA)
|0850 - 0935
||Session 1: Regulatory Challenges and Economic Impact of COVID-19
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely disrupted the global economy and posed unprecedented challenges for the global energy system. This session will provide an opportunity for APER Forum members to discuss key challenges on energy systems, regulatory responses in mitigating the impact of the pandemic, and how to enhance the resiliency of our energy systems.
• What are the key challenges as regulators in managing the impact of COVID-19 on the energy system?
• How has COVID-19 impacted the stability and resiliency of our power and grid systems?
• What are some key measures energy regulators have taken to mitigate the impact of COVID-19 on our energy systems?
|0935 - 1020
||Session 2: Preparing for Future Disruptions
This crisis has highlighted a critical need to consider the ripple effect of COVID-19 on our energy systems arising. This panel will discuss APER members’ perspectives on preparing our energy systems for future disruptions, against the backdrop of accelerating the transformation towards a sustainable and resilient energy future.
• What are your considerations and key priorities as a regulator for the next 10 years?
• What are some of the new measures taken to increase the resiliency of physical infrastructure and the entire energy system to prepare for future crises?
• What role will newer technologies such as hydrogen and fuel cell technologies play?
• Do we need to change how we regulate the energy market to prepare for future disruptions?
• Are there new market opportunities the pandemic has revealed?
|1025 - 1030
by Mr Ngiam Shih Chun, Chief Executive, Energy Market Authority (EMA)